Call for Stilt Coordinator
BareBones Productions is seeking to hire one Stilt Coordinator for the 2023 Halloween Extravaganza who will work individually and collaboratively with Barebones Directors/Facilitators, Barebones staff, community volunteers, and the production team through the months of August, September and October 2023. The Stilt Coordinator will work with these communities to create 4 public performance/rituals related to grief, death, ancestors, loss and remembering to be performed October 27, 28, 29 and 31. Rain date will be October 30th if any performance is canceled due to weather. Performances will be located on the Midtown Greenway between 10th Avenue and 11th Avenue.
Qualifications or Requirements
Strong stilting performance skills, preferably in collaboration with a variety of artists, in particular, puppetry artists
- Ability to source materials for stilt building and stilt costuming, and ability to build stilts
- Experience teaching, collaborating with, managing, and supporting a wide variety of community members, including folks of various ages, races, cultures, genders, family structures, abilities, spiritual beliefs, and who speak a variety of languages
- Willingness to learn, self-reflect, and grow in the areas of equity, inclusion, and anti-bias
- Strong communication, organization and time management skills
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Collaborate with Directors/Facilitators, Barebones staff/artists, and volunteers/community to create a 45-60 minute performance including puppetry, music, fire and stilting
- Support participating community members to grow as stilt performers and expand their stilting confidence and skills
- Attend the following scheduled meetings:
- Artistic staff visioning/storyboarding 8/28/23 & 9/5/23 6:30-8:30pm
- Community visioning/storyboarding 9/9/23 11am-1pm & 9/10/23 6-8pm
- Community kickoff/build start 9/12/23 6:30-9:30
- Work/attend all required build events, rehearsals, & additional meetings as scheduled by directors/facilitators (dates TBD)
- Schedule and lead specific stilt performance meetings and rehearsals
- Work/attend all performances (October 27, 28, 29, 31 and rain date October 30)
- Participate in 4 educational workshops provided to the community by Barebones
- Prioritize physical and emotional safety of every participant including precautions related to COVID-19
- Participate in digital communication (email, text, phone) in a timely manner
- Participate in a variety of clean up activities and final wrap-up survey
- As this is a temporary, independent contractor position, candidates are required to have their own access to materials and technologies necessary for the job.
|Location||Twin Cities Metro, Minnesota|
|Type||Independent contractor, temporary|
|Category||Art and Art Admin|
|Apply By||June 19, 2023|
|Job Dates||August 1 to November 15, 2023|
The Barebones Board/Hiring Committee wish that we could pay more. We recognize compensation is more like symbolic appreciation rather than a livable wage. This show would not be possible without the in-kind donations (love hours) of many people.
Please Note: this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.