Call for Assistant Production Manager
BareBones Productions is seeking to hire one Assistant Production Manager for the 2023 Halloween Extravaganza who will work individually and collaboratively with Barebones Directors/Facilitators, Barebones staff, community volunteers, and the production team through the months of August, September and October 2023. The Assistant Production Manager will work with these communities to manage production aspects for a public performance/ritual related to grief, death, ancestors, loss and remembering to be performed October 27, 28, 29 and 31. Rain date will be October 30th if any performance is canceled due to weather. Performances will be located on the Midtown Greenway between 10th Avenue and 11th Avenue. Priority will be given to individuals interested in acquiring strong skills in the area of production and the potential to become the Lead Production Manager for Barebones Puppets in future years.
Qualifications or Requirements
- Experience in the area of theater production or event management or equivalent skills
- Experience collaborating with a wide variety of community members, including folks of various ages, races, cultures, genders, family structures, abilities, spiritual beliefs, and who speak a variety of languages
- Willingness to learn, self-reflect, and grow in the areas of equity, inclusion, and anti-bias
- Adaptability, flexibility, and strong time management skills
- High standard of organizational and communication skills
- Strong technology skills, including knowledge and experience creating, managing and sharing Google Docs and using a variety of applications for community intercommunication (Google calendar, Slack and others)
- Ability to work under pressure, and a sharp eye for detail
- Problem-solving skills, ability to think on one’s feet
- Negotiation skills, confidence and decision-making abilities
- Assist with and /or take responsibility for, a wide variety of production management tasks
- Maintain contact lists for all internal and external personnel and contacts, to include extraction of and requests for contact information from emails, meetings, phone calls and other communications
- Maintain Google calendar with all production related dates
- Assist with procuring all necessary permits from the city
- Work with city licensing departments to oversee permitting under the direction of Production Manager
- Attendance and note taking at production team meetings
- Assist with development of a site map showing the areas for the altar, Sister’s Camelot bus, first aid, march tent, etc.
- Assist with making plans for notifying local residents and businesses as is necessary or useful
Assist with networking with any private property owners/allies who are contributing space to the production
- Act as a community resource for property owners/allies regarding permitting and insurance as needed, under the direction of the Production Manager
- Assist with renting any dumpsters, storage pods, port-a-pots etc
- Work closely with BareBones under the direction of the Production Manager and report to Board of Directors and attend board meeting on the second Tuesday of each month
- Assist with staff communication
- Assist with making the final call on show cancellation after communicating with all invested parties
- Assist with maintaining, facilitating, and overseeing coordination of contracted staff
- Attend performances on October 27, 28, 29, and 31, 2023. Assist Gate Coordinator, Usher Coordinator and Site Manager before, during and after the show. Rain date will be October 30th 2023 in the event that a performance on October 27, 28 or 29 is canceled due to weather.
- Adhere to all safety guidelines related to COVID-19 pandemic
- Assist with maintaining the project budget and help assure the event remains within budget proposals, under the direction of the Production Manager
- Prioritize physical and emotional safety of every participant, including Covid precautions
- Participate in final wrap-up survey
- As this is a temporary, independent contractor position, candidates are required to have their own access to materials and technologies necessary for the job
|Location||Twin Cities Metro, Minnesota|
|Type||Independent contractor, temporary|
|Category||Art and Art Admin|
|Apply By||Open until hired|
|Job Dates||TBD to November 15|
The Barebones Board/Hiring Committee wish that we could pay more. We recognize compensation is more like symbolic appreciation rather than a livable wage. This show would not be possible without the in-kind donations (love hours) of many people.
Please Note: this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change.