BareBones Productions is seeking to hire a Route Coordinator for the 2020 mobile Halloween Extravaganza experience. The Route Coordinator will work with the Production Team to determine the production routes, prioritizing factors such as neighborhoods that are interested in participating, accessibility for performers, and audiences and physical safety on public roadways. In addition the Route Coordinator will work with the Production Team on city permits and permissions, share updated route information with Outreach and Marketing, and make connections with local communities to recruit volunteer hosts and coordinate artists and volunteer location roles on production nights.
- Direct experience coordinating one or more mobile public art events .
- Knowledge and experience creating, managing and sharing Google Docs and Drive for community intercommunication
- Strong organizational skills creating, merging and managing spreadsheets for communication
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Candidate must feel comfortable working with a diverse community in terms of race and gender
- Candidates must have a compassionate understanding of current social justice issues
- At least one year experience working or volunteering with BareBones Productions, including work on the Annual Halloween Extravaganza, is preferred but not required
- Work with Production Manager, Artistic Director(s), staff artists, and Volunteer Coordinator to determine site needs for BareBones 2020 Mobile Production
- Work closely with city licensing departments to oversee permitting
- Work closely with community stakeholders along proposed activation areas
- Work with private property owners/allies who are contributing space to the production
- Act as a community resource for property owners/allies regarding permitting and insurance as needed
- Be the conduit of communication between Production Team (Production Manager, Artistic Directors, staff artists, location manager) and community stakeholders as needed
- Work with Volunteer Coordinator to recruit volunteer community hosts along mobile production routes
- Inform all community stakeholders/allies of BareBones Community standards and code of conduct
- Head up the organization of mobile production participants during nights of live performance with the assistance of Volunteer Coordinator and Artistic Directors
- This is a temporary, independent contractor position that requires candidates to have their own access to materials and technologies necessary for the job.
- Location: Twin Cities Metro, Minnesota
- Type:Independent contractor, temporary
- Category: Art and Art Admin
- Deadline: July 7, 2020
- Hiring Date: August 7, 2020
- Job Dates: August 2020 to November 2020
- Compensation: $1000
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Do not apply via Facebook. Any applications received via Facebook will not be reviewed.
Please Note: this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.