Call for Music Director
BareBones Productions is seeking to hire one Music Director for the 2022 Halloween Extravaganza who will work individually and collaboratively with Barebones Directors/Facilitators, Barebones staff, community volunteers, and the production team through the months of September and October 2022. The Music Director will work with these communities to create 3-4 public performance/rituals related to grief/death/ancestors/loss/remembering to be performed October 28-31 on the Midtown Greenway between 10th Avenue and 11th Avenue.
Qualifications or Requirements
- Strong instrumental and vocal music direction skills
- Connection with local musicians and ability to recruit instrumental and/or vocal music volunteers
- Experience teaching, collaborating with, managing, and supporting a wide variety of community members, including folks of various ages, races, cultures, genders, family structures, abilities, spiritual beliefs, and who speak a variety of languages
- Willingness to learn, self-reflect, and grow in the areas of equity, inclusion, and anti-bias.
- Strong communication, organization and time management skills
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Collaborate with Directors/Facilitators, Barebones staff/artists, and volunteers/community to create a vision and plan for incorporating music into a 45-60 minute performance which includes puppetry, music, fire and stilting
- Create original music/ soundscapes in collaboration with staff/volunteer artists
- Recruit and organize volunteer musicians
- Attend meetings as requested by Directors/Facilitators and Production staff
- Organize and direct meetings and rehearsals for musicians
- Manage communication between musicians and artistic/production staff
- Direct music/manage needs of musicians during 3-4 performances (October 28-31)
- Support participating community members to grow as musicians/performers and expand their artistic confidence and skill sets
- Work/attend all performances Participate in 4 educational workshops provided to the community by Barebones
- Prioritize physical and emotional safety of every participant including precautions related to Covid 19
- Participate in digital communication (email, text, phone) in a timely manner
- Participate in a variety of clean up activities and final wrap-up survey
- As this is a temporary, independent contractor position, candidates are required to have their own access to materials and technologies necessary for the job
|Location||Twin Cities Metro, Minnesota|
|Type||Independent contractor, temporary|
|Category||Art and Art Admin|
|Apply By||August 21, 2022|
|Hiring Date||By August 26, 2022|
|Job Dates||Day after hiring date to November 15|
Please Note: this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Barebones Board/Hiring Committee wish that we could pay more. We recognize compensation is more like symbolic appreciation rather than a livable wage. This show would not be possible without the in-kind donations (love hours) of many people.