Call for Fire Performance Coordinator
BareBones Productions is seeking to hire one Fire Performance Coordinator for the 2022 Halloween Extravaganza who will work individually and collaboratively with Barebones Directors/Facilitators, Barebones staff, community volunteers, and the production team through the months of September and October 2022. The Fire Performance Coordinator will work with these communities to create 3-4 public performance/rituals related to grief, death, ancestors, loss and remembering to be performed October 28-31 on the Midtown Greenway between 10th Avenue and 11th Avenue.
Qualifications or Requirements
- Strong fire performance skills, preferably in collaboration with a variety of artists, in particular, puppetry artists
- Ability to source materials for the needs of fire performance
- Connection with local fire performance community and ability to recruit fire performers and safety workers
- Experience teaching, collaborating with, managing, and supporting a wide variety of community members, including folks of various ages, races, cultures, genders, family structures, abilities, spiritual beliefs, and who speak a variety of languages
- Willingness to learn, self-reflect, and grow in the areas of equity, inclusion, and anti-bias.
- Strong communication, organization and time management skills
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Collaborate with Directors/Facilitators, Barebones staff/artists, and volunteers/community to create a 45-60 minute performance including puppetry, music, fire and stilting
- Lead recruitment and selection of fire performers
- Support participating community members to grow as fire performers and expand their fire performance confidence and skills
- Work/attend all required build events, rehearsals, and meetings related to fire performance, as scheduled by directors/facilitators (dates TBD)
- Schedule and lead specific fire performance meetings and rehearsals
- Teach fire safety protocols to entire performance team and ensure that fire safety protocols are followed by all participants at all times
Work/attend all (3-4) performances (October 28-31)
- Participate in 4 educational workshops provided to the community by Barebones
- Prioritize physical and emotional safety of every participant including precautions related to Covid 19
- Participate in digital communication (email, text, phone) in a timely manner
- Participate in a variety of clean up activities and final wrap-up survey
- As this is a temporary, independent contractor position, candidates are required to have their own access to materials and technologies necessary for the job
|Location||Twin Cities Metro, Minnesota|
|Type||Independent contractor, temporary|
|Category||Art and Art Admin|
|Apply By||August 30, 2022|
|Hiring Date||Second week of September, 2022|
|Job Dates||Day after hiring date to November 15|
Please Note: this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Barebones Board/Hiring Committee wish that we could pay more. We recognize compensation is more like symbolic appreciation rather than a livable wage. This show would not be possible without the in-kind donations (love hours) of many people.