Call for Co-Directors/Facilitators
We invite you to refer to BareBones 2022 Statement of Intention before considering applying to BareBones. QTBIPoC applications prioritized.
BareBones Productions is seeking to hire two Co-Directors/Facilitators, applying together, for the 2022 Halloween Extravaganza experience. Directors/facilitators bring experience and passion for puppetry and pageantry and an interest in honoring ancestors and making community space for grief. Directors, in collaboration with the Barebones Board of Directors, will facilitate a group of hired artists and community volunteers who work together through the months of September and October to create 3-4 public performance/rituals related to grief, death, ancestors, loss and remembering to be performed October 28-31 on the Midtown Greenway between 10th Avenue and 11th Avenue. The structure, location and budget for the extravaganza have been designed by the Barebones Board of Directors. Co-directors & facilitators work within that structure to synthesize the visions, skills and interests of the hired staff and volunteers to create the extravaganza.
Qualifications or Requirements
- One of the Co-Directors should have experience working or volunteering with BareBones Productions, including work on the Annual Halloween Extravaganza
- Strong performance and/or visual art skills
- Experience creating large scale outdoor visual and performance art pieces.
- Experience managing artistic staff
- Experience teaching, collaborating with, managing, and supporting a wide variety of community members, including folks of various ages, races, cultures, genders, family structures, abilities, spiritual beliefs, and who speak a variety of languages
- Strong communication, organization, time management, and leadership skills
- Access to the internet and the technologies necessary to complete job
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Willingness to learn, self-reflect, and grow in the areas of equity, inclusion, and anti-bias.
- Work with board, hired artists and volunteers/community to facilitate the creation of a 45-60 minute performance including puppetry, music, fire and stilting
- Work with hiring committee to hire all artistic staff
- Coordinate, manage staff & staff communication
- Facilitate rehearsals and meetings with hired staff and volunteers/community
- Work with production manager and board to stay within budget
- Attend regular production, artist and board meetings
- Work/attend all (3-4) performances (October 28-31)
- Participate in 4 educational workshops provided to the community by Barebones
- Prioritize physical and emotional safety of every participant including precautions related to Covid 19
- As this is a temporary, independent contractor position, candidates are required to have their own access to materials and technologies necessary for the job.
|Location||Twin Cities Metro, Minnesota|
|Type||Independent contractor, temporary|
|Category||Art and Art Admin|
|Apply By||July 29, 2022|
|Hiring Date||By August 12, 2022|
|Job Dates||Day after hiring date to November 15|
Please Note: this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Barebones Board/Hiring Committee wish that we could pay more. We recognize compensation is more like symbolic appreciation rather than a livable wage. This show would not be possible without the in-kind donations (love hours) of many people.
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Do not apply via Facebook. Any applications received via Facebook will not be reviewed.