BareBones Puppets is looking for artistic staff for the 25th annual Halloween Extravaganza!
Staff artists work both individually and collaboratively to bring a multitude of visions to life in the form of puppets, scenery, props and costumes. Must be comfortable engaging with and supporting fellow participants at open workshops in Minneapolis and weekly outdoor rehearsals at Hidden Falls Regional Park in St. Paul. Previous experience with BareBones community, and puppetry, desirable but not required. Part time or full time positions available. Stipends vary $500-$1000 depending on need and commitment.
- Lighting Designer – Design the lighting plot and manage the lighting board for the production. Procure and return lighting equipment, and manage setup and strike of the equipment for required rehearsals and all performances.
- Sound Engineer – Design the soundscape and manage the sound board for the production. Procure and return sound equipment, and manage setup and strike of the equipment for required rehearsals and all performances.
- Skilled Builder – A skilled carpenter who assists with specific construction projects
- First Aid Provider – Medical professional to serve as a first responder during all nightly performances.
- Production Manager – Oversees all aspects of the production process including functioning as a liaison between administrative and artistic staff, planning and organizing production schedules, procuring all necessary permits, and estimating and negotiating project budgets.
- Site Manager – Oversees site specific components of the Halloween Extravaganza
- Stage Manager – Responsible for supporting the Co-Directors and managing the stage during all rehearsals and performances.
- Audience Services – Responsible for overseeing all audience related components during performances.
- Parking Coordinator – Oversees traffic flow management and volunteer traffic personal during all nightly performances
- Head Counter – Head Counter oversees the head count and assists Parking Coordinator with crowd control during nightly performances.
- Merchandise Tent Coordinator – Manages the setup, staffing, selling and nightly sales accounting of BareBones merchandise. The coordinator also manages the printing of T-shirts.
- Usher Coordinator – Assists the Volunteer Coordinator in the recruitment of volunteers and manages volunteer ushers during all nightly performances.
- Volunteer Coordinator – Liaison between the Artistic/Administrative staff and the BareBones community. Main point person for volunteers at all workshops. Oversees the recruitment of volunteers, volunteer relations, and the collection of contact information and data for grant purposes.
- Hospitality Coordinator – Provides hot food and beverages for builds and rehearsals.
- Publicity Artist – Works with community to design original artwork for the 2016 poster, postcard, tabloid and flyers.
- Graphics Designer – Responsible for creating the digital layout of all promotional materials for the Halloween Extravaganza.
- Photographer – The staff photographer photo-documents the entire Halloween Extravaganza experience including kick-off, builds, rehearsals, performances and community gatherings and parties.
- Videographer – Responsible for capturing high quality video documentation of the performance for archival purposes.
Contact: [email protected]