BareBones Halloween Extravaganza 2011 WANTS YOU to come perform with us!
This mammoth community cast of puppeteers, dancers, actors, aerialists, stilters, and more gathers each Fall to create a spectacle celebrating the turn of the seasons and honoring the arc of death along the circle of our lives. If you want to perform, this is grassroots community theater and there is a place for you regardless of your level of experience!
A Fistful of Dirt: How the Death Was Won is specifically looking to cast the following roles:
- Tengu Spirits – Inspired by Japanese tengu (spirits of arrogant or vain people who live in the mists), the tengu in this story are mischievous creatures who have taken over the Veil between the living and the dead. They move like they’re half-ape, half-chicken, and perform throughout most of the show.
- Veilettes – These 6 ethereal beings have costumes that transform and function like a butoh dance-style Greek chorus, echoing the emotional content of each scene. They perform throughout the show both within the audience and in the performing arena.
- Flag/Lantern Bearers – For a funeral procession.
- Shadow Puppeteers – Various roles.
- Puppeteers – Especially for a mob scene of elders, creatures, and appliances that can’t die.
- Actors – Especially for mob scene.
For more information:
- Scottie Hall (Production Manager) at 415-640-2116.
- Or, just come to one of our remaining Community Build Workshops on Saturday, October 15 from 1-5pm or Tuesday October 18 and Thursday, October 20 from 7-9pm.
- Sisters’ Camelot, 2310 Snelling Ave, Minneapolis (Behind Coastal Seafoods in Seward Neighborhood)
- Hidden Falls Regional Park – North Gate (Magoffin Ave) Entrance - 1305 S Mississippi River Blvd, St Paul